Article 1 (Personal Information)
“Personal information” refers to “personal information” as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and includes information about living individuals that can be used to identify specific individuals by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, and other descriptions, as well as data related to appearance, fingerprints, voiceprints, and health insurance card insurer numbers.
Article 2 (Method of Collecting Personal Information)
We may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver’s license number when a user registers for use. In addition, transaction records and payment information, including the user’s personal information, between the user and our partners (including information providers, advertisers, and advertisement distributors, etc.; hereinafter referred to as “partners”) may be shared with our partners.
Article 3 (Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information)
The purposes for which we collect and use personal information are as follows
- To provide and operate our services
- To respond to inquiries from users (including identification)
- To send e-mail notifications of new features, updates, campaigns, etc., of the service the user is using, as well as information on other services provided by the Company.
- To contact you as necessary for maintenance, important notices, etc.
- To allow users to view, change, or delete their registration information or to view the status of their service use.
- To bill users for paid services.
- For purposes incidental to the above purposes of use.
Article 4 (Change of Purpose of Use)
- The Company shall change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably recognized that the purpose of the use is related to the purpose of use before the change.
- In the event of a change in the purpose of use, the Company shall notify the User of the changed purpose or publicly announce it on this website in a manner prescribed by the Company.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
- Except in the following cases, MISUMI will not provide personal information to a third party without the user’s prior consent. However, this excludes cases permitted under the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the individual’s consent.
- When the provision of personal information is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children, it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and obtaining the individual’s consent is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
- When we have notified or announced the following matters in advance, and when we have notified the Personal Information Protection Committee
- The purpose of use includes a provision to a third party
- Data items to be provided to the third party
- Means or method of provision to third parties
- Cessation of provision of personal information to third parties at the request of the individual
- Method of accepting the request of the person in question
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the party to which the relevant information is provided shall not fall under the category of a third party.
- When we outsource all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use
- When personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to a merger or other reasons
- When personal information is to be used jointly with a specific person, and the Company notifies the person in advance or makes the information readily accessible to the person, to that effect, the items of personal information to be jointly used, the scope of joint use, the purpose of use by the person, and the name of the person responsible for the management of the personal information. or the name of the person responsible for managing said personal information is made readily accessible to the person in advance.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
- When we are requested to disclose personal information by the person in question, we will disclose it to the person without delay. However, if the Company decides not to disclose personal information, it will notify the individual immediately. A fee of 1,000 yen will be charged for each case of disclosure of personal information.
- When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person concerned or a third party
- If there is a risk of a significant hindrance to the proper conduct of our business
- If it violates any other laws or regulations.
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, in principle, the Company will not disclose non-personal information, such as historical information and characteristic information.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
- If the User’s personal information held by the Company is incorrect, the User may request the Company to correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as “correct, etc.”) his/her personal information following procedures determined by the Company.
- If we deem it necessary to respond to the request from the user as described in the preceding paragraph, we will make the correction, etc. to the relevant personal information without delay.
- If the Company makes corrections, etc. based on the preceding paragraph, or decides not to make such corrections, etc., the Company will notify the User of such decision without delay.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
- If the Company is requested by the User to cease use or delete (hereinafter referred to as “cease of use, etc.”) his/her personal information because it has been handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that it has been obtained by wrongful means, the Company will conduct the necessary investigation without delay.
- Based on the investigation results described in the preceding paragraph, we determine that it is necessary to comply with the request, and we will suspend the use of the relevant personal information without delay.
- When the Company suspends personal information following the preceding paragraph or decides not to suspend the use of personal information, the Company will notify the user of this decision without delay.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, in cases where the suspension of use involves a large cost or it is otherwise difficult to suspend the use of personal information, alternative measures can be taken to protect the rights and interests of the user; these alternative measures shall be taken.
Article 10 (Contact for Inquiries)
Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the following address.
Address: Hokkaido University Cooperative Entrepreneurship Training Facility 207 12-2, Kita 21-jo Nishi, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan 001-0021
Company name: MJOLNIR SPACEWORKS Inc.
Department in Charge: Customer Support
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org